The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
ADHOC PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research, capacity building, and care and support services. IHVN is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill in the position of an Adhoc Program Assistant.
|Adhoc Program Assistant
Opening Date: 26th April 2022
Closing Date: 1st May 2022
The Adhoc Program Assistant, will report to the HOD clinical laboratory services and work closely with the HIV DR sequencing unit. S/he will take part in routine analytical work in the HIV DR sequencing lab. S/he will be involved in receipt of samples and reagents, keeping of sample inventory, documentation of laboratory processes, sample preparation for genomic analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Select and label samples in preparation for testing.
Maintain all laboratory records.
- Sample preparation for genomic analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Document all activities, results and report to laboratory management.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Participate in the execution of targets within agreed time lines.
Follow methodologies and standard operating procedures in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Degree in Medical laboratory sciences (B.MLS) and related fields Biochemistry, Microbiology (B.Sc.)
- Computer literacy in Ms. Word, Excel and Power point
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems is an added advantage.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.