The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is looking for a responsible ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON grant; which include providing support to program implementation team and other employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the institute’s general administrative activities.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance and Operations, S/he will provide administrative and logistical support services to the program implementation team and operations of the general office management of USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates (Internal & external)
POSITION: Administrative Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON)
LOCATION: Lagos, Oyo and Ogun
OPENING DATE: 29th April 2020
CLOSING DATE: 12th May 2020
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR: State Lead
TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR: Head of Finance and Operations
- Possession of a B.Sc in Business administration or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Business administration. Membership or part certification in recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage. Minimum of 3 years post qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant
- Applicants should be able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, photocopier, computers etc
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: S/He will:
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON
- Assist with effective management of day to day operations of the office
- Support coordinating internal and external meetings, trainings, venues, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments particularly during multiple meetings.
- Work with team for logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with program management unit on team itineraries, appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Assist in documentation and archiving of program documents.
- Arrange travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups
- Coordinate staff meetings, set up conference rooms and meeting room, ordering and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and write reports as requested, file records of all meetings.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff and meeting attendees
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Collate and file quarterly, monthly and weekly reports
- Collate and harmonize quarterly and monthly work plans
- Make travel arrangements as requested by program staff and facilitate retirement of trips by staff
- Tracking of USAID Nigeria TB LON work plans and activities
- Conduct weekly and monthly supervision of office motor vehicles as well as the drivers with daily vehicle check list
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise security staffs
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.