The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|Senior Project Support Officer, Senior Admin Officer
|HIV Lead, Program Management Team, Project Director
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
Under the supervision of the Senior Project Support Staff and Senior Admin Officer, the Admin Officer will oversee the administrative units’ day-to-day operations and implement general administrative and resource management tasks as delegated by the supervisor. They also perform the following roles:
- Provide a range of administrative and support services to meet the operational needs of the organization
- Respond to and resolve complex enquiries and issues to ensure accurate information and timely and effective resolution.
- Coordinate and manage records and databases, complying with administrative systems, processes and policies to ensure that all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible.
- Develop, implement and monitor office systems, procedures and methods, adapting processes and as required to facilitate efficient team/unit operations in line with organization standards, policies and procedures.
- Gather and collate information for and prepare documentation and reports for the unit.
- Ensure the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the Office.
- Manage the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the Office.
- Ensure that the working environment is healthy, respectful, and free from hazards or security risks.
- Any other roles assigned by the Admin Manager
The officer’s roles include managing schedules and budgets, gathering and analyzing data, supervising and coordinating activities, addressing concerns and issues, resolving them efficiently and promptly to prevent adverse effects on the operations of the company, achieving successful audits for external and internal examinations, and encouraging staff to achieve goals while following the company’s regulations and policies.
- Core requirements:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the practices or concepts associated with the field of work and applies appropriately depending on the assignment or issue
- Seeks out and effectively utilizes available resources when completing work assignments.
- Works within available guidelines or approaches but knows how to adjust or adapt methods depending on the result required.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and demonstrates an awareness of new practices and approaches by utilizing this knowledge in related work activities.
- Ability to convey information verbally and in writing to foster, encourage and facilitate open communication.
- Speaks to internal and external clients and colleagues in a respectful manner.
- Develops written communications and uses them appropriately.
- Expresses information clearly in one-on-one conversations and groups and accurately interprets information.
- Fosters, encourages and facilitates open communication and creates an atmosphere of honest expression.
Education and Experience:
- B.Sc. in any Social Science Course.
- Master/Certification in Office Management is an added advantage.
- Five-Eight years post NYSC work experience.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].