The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
Applications Support Assistant
Opening Date: 3rd February 2022
Closing Date: 17th February 2022
Applications support assistant provides technical support for technology domain environments including but not limited to cloud, middleware, operating systems, and applications. In this role, the assistant will assist with performing application enhancements and steady-state support, along with handling analysis, design, programming, debugging, unit testing and system support. Effective resources are highly motivated and organized self-starters with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced technical team oriented environment, engaging with application teams, staff and Applications support officers.
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work with internet and intranet applications on one or more platforms, which requires leveraging experience with, database skills, plus Java or .NET Core.
Applications Support Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathering and triaging cases that require attending to.
- Scheduling time to meet with employees, service providers, and other stakeholders to service IT-related equipment.
- Installing mandatory updates before existing applications become outdated or obsolete.
- Submitting purchase requests and monitoring your expenditure.
- Walking employees through applications to promote computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Configuring personal computers and portable internet gadgets.
- Monitoring web applications and portals.
- Utilizing programming tools to write scripts.
- Performing web security activities and participating in security planning.
- Delivering major/minor security fixes and vulnerability remediation as required.
Applications Support Assistant Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Information Systems or adjacent discipline.
- Demonstrable experience as an Applications Support Assistant.
- Database experience.
- Additional, relevant certification is highly advantageous.
- Systematic, precise, and emotionally intelligent.
- Ability to train staff in basic troubleshooting techniques.
- Eager about IT plus its business and societal applications.
- Knowledgeable about recent innovations in IT.
- Unmatched administrative, triaging, and time management abilities.
- Knowledge in Sage 300 and its third party products will be a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.