The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To ensure the provision of quality prevention services, appropriate treatment, care and support services, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position of a Clinical Testing Advisor.
Job Location: Adamawa, Borno, Yobe and Jigawa states
OPENING DATE: 29th April 2020
CLOSING DATE: 12th May 2020
- Provide technical oversight, strategic direction and ensure appropriate support for the implementation of HIV Testing Services (HTS) in all the testing modalities
- Disseminate evidence-based training materials, job aids, supervisory systems and other training materials needed for implementation of the program to meet the needs of funding organizations and the Government of Nigeria.
- Coordinate health facility strengthening, follow-up and supervision, advocacy, capacity-building and Monitoring& Evaluation across health facilities supported by IHVN as required by program activities
- Participate in all Technical Consultative Group Meetings,
- Represent the organization in professional forums by participating and making presentations in relevant meetings, conferences and technical working groups
- Carry out any other duty assigned for the achievement of organizational goals and objectives
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Should possess at least a degree/HND in Public Health, Nursing, Social Sciences, Health Sciences or Community Health
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in HIV Testing services (HTS).
- Experience in building capacity at individual and organizational levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HTS, guidelines and policies.
- Excellent personal communication skills in written and verbal English,
- Persuasive skills, and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using MS. Word, Excel or Power Point applicable software related to position
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.