The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research, capacity building, and care and support services.
The Impact of Non-B HIV-1 Subtype on second-line Protease Inhibitor Regimens in Africa (INSPIRE) project is one of the research projects being implemented by the Institute. INSPIRE seeks to identify factors that predict virological failure among patients with Protease Inhibitor (PI) containing regimens.
To execute this project, IHVN is seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill in the position of a Data Assistant.
Summary/Overview: The Data Assistant, INSPIRE NIH R01 – 1R01AI147331-01, will take part in the research and routine data processing. S/he will provide database and record keeping support, and perform various administrative and clerical duties as it relates to our organizational settings. S/he will handle different types of data as required in the laboratory, and by the database software in use.
- Compile and gather data for processing and entering into databases.
- Check and verify data relating to inventory supplies.
- Enter patient data with medical history in a relevant database.
- Maintain databases for various types of activities and functionalities.
- Enter and retrieve data from a database relating to administrative tasks and functions.
- Handle data processing operation relating to specific or multiple projects.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Comply with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Sc. in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Microbiology.
Opening Date: 15th May, 2020.
Closing Date: 29th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.