The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Central Office (4) Kano (1) FCT (2)
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|HIV Lead, Program Management Team, Project Director
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
- Under the supervision of the Head Driver, the driver will transport clients and/or packages to and from destinations.
- Arrive at destinations on schedule.
- Fulfill administrative needs, like office pickups.
- Research and plan for traffic, construction, and weather delays.
- Use navigation applications to determine the best route.
- Interact with clients professionally at all times.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fueled and ready for use.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs as needed.
- Keep mileage records and repair records up-to-date.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by the head driver.
Job Title: Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Locations: Central Office/HQ (4)-Abuja, Kano (1), FCT (2)
Advert Opening Date: 01 December 2023
- Arrive at destinations on schedule
- Fulfill administrative needs, like office pickups
- Research and plan for traffic, construction and weather delays
- Use navigation applications to determine the best route
- Interact with clients professionally at all times
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fueled and ready for use
- Arrange for vehicle repairs as needed
- Keep mileage records and repair records up-to-date
- Any other tasks that the head driver may assign
- Exceptional knowledge of traffic laws and regulations
- Familiarity with vehicle maintenance
- Expert in driving heavy and light vehicles
- Understanding of motor vehicle functionality
- Great professional driving skills
- Capable of working under high-pressure
- Good customer service skills
- Time management skill
- Work alone effectively with little or no supervision
- Physical Strength
Education and Experience:
- Standard Driver’s License
- Trade Test
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].