The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Finance Liaison Assistant
|SCHEDULED WORK TIME
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|IHVN – IRCE
|Executive Director, IRCE-Coordinator & Research Administration Unit Lead
Opening Date: 6/02/2023
Closing Date: 17/02/2023
The incumbent will liaise between IRCE Research Administration unit, and IHVN Grants & Finance department to ensure proper budget management, expenditure tracking & financial reporting of IRCE research projects & IRCE account. This position is responsible for working with the IHVN Finance and Grants department, to support post-award finance management activities in research administration.
- Prepare monthly financial expenditure reports for IRCE projects and IRCE central account.
- Liaise with IHVN Grants & Finance department to monitor & reconcile monthly general ledger reports; identify accounting discrepancies and make adjustments.
- Prepare and collate Monthly Spend plan and Burn-rate analysis.
- Monitor expenditures, account balances, and receivables and perform financial projections.
- Ensure proper budget management of all IRCE projects budgets.
- Liaise with IHVN grants and finance department, to ensure consistent tracking and documentation of all IRCE projects and IRCE central account expenditure.
- Conduct level of effort management vis-a –vis relevant IRCE project budgets
- Conduct regular payroll update, reviews and management to ensure consistency with current project activities.
- Ensure that all IRCE projects and IRCE account financial transactions are conducted legally & ethically.
- Liaise with IHVN Grants –Finance department on one hand and, IRCE Research administration unit on another, on all matters concerning the IRCE project finance and IRCE account management.
- Work with the Post-Award Research Administrators to manage and monitor IRCE projects to completion and prepare financial reports for the projects at IRCE.
- Lead the preparation of grant reports and analysis for use in planning and decision-making.
- Clearly communicate and interpret the financial requirements/guidelines on NOFOs
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Research Administration Unit Lead.
- Possession of a B.Sc. in Accountancy or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years post hands-on qualification experience in managing program budget and finances.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Experience in budgeting and expenditure tracking
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Professional Accounting qualification of either ACA, ACCA, or CPA is an added advantage.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- The position applied for MUST be the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.