The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with IHVN as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
Job Title: Finance Officer, Public-Private Mix, TB-LON 3 Project
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Director of Finance & Operation
Opening Date: 15th December 2021
Closing Date: 29th December 2021
The Finance Officer (Public-Private Mix, TB-LON 3 Project) will assist in the management of the TB-LON 3 Project Financial Processes, Reports, Budgeting and Budget controls including preparation of monthly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, s/he will work with the finance team to provide support to the TB-LON 3 Project program implementation team on operations and general management of the TB-LON 3 Project, with particular reference to routine financial operations, financial reporting, budgeting, budget controls, administering of finances to sub-recipients, including sites and state offices.
S/he will be responsible for:
- The maintenance of general ledger of the accounting software – SAGE 300 (ACCPAC), while ensuring monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Administering payments (preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions etc.) and preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Monitoring Grant expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of any reporting period
- Reviewing monthly financial reports from the sub-recipients and state offices under the TB LON 3 project; and ensure timely disbursements to state offices and sub-recipients
- Preparing monthly Grant Budget/Actual Reports with variance analysis and budget burn rates to identify relevant / expected implementation discrepancies
- Coordinating and supervising the financial activities implementation & reporting of sub-recipients of the TB LON 3 project
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor and Project’s Director of Finance & Operation
- Possession of a B.Sc. in Accountancy or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy; Professional Accounting qualification will be considered a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification hands-on experience with an International Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or Grants Operational environment is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Applicants should be able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc)
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication
- Ability to relate with subordinates colleagues and supervisors
- Innovative with a sound mind.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.