The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
Position: HR Officer
Unit: Human Resources Unit
Department: Administration Department
Opening Date: 23/3/2022
Closing Date: 5/4/2022
- Managing monthly Staff Communication services/tools and liaising with the different Network providers.
- Monitor staff physical attendance, punctuality and absenteeism
- Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Calculate retention, turnover and internal mobility rates, Report on key recruiting metrics like time to fill and hiring costs.
- Assist in designing hiring and training plans, forecast costs by departments and help create budgets
- Assess results from our employee performance reviews (APER)
- Identify top reasons why employees leave the Institute and recommend areas of improvement for our HR procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the HR Manager
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience as an HR Officer or similar role
- Experience using Human Resources Management Systems
- Excellent Communication and analytical skills
- Ability to create detailed spreadsheets, charts and presentations
- Good research abilities and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with HR operations including hiring, payroll and employee benefits
- BSc in Human Resources, Business/Public Administration or relevant field.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.