The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Integrated Model for the Prevention of Anal Cancer using screen and Treat for HSIL study (IMPACT) will be advancing research on anal cancer screening among sexual and gender minorities living with HIV in Nigeria. Through the IMPACT study, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the following positon
|Full Time, Monday through Friday. This is a 1-year contract position, with up to 5 years renewal
|TRUST Clinic, Abuja
Opening Date: 23/01/2023
Closing Date: 01/02/2023
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure clients sign informed consent before administering the questionnaire.
- Describe the purpose and general procedures of the interview.
- Administer IMPACT study questionnaire using computer tablets.
- Administer IMPACT post-procedure satisfaction questionnaire.
- Translate the questionnaires to Hausa for those who do not speak English
- Attend to client questions as needed.
- Escort the client for clinical evaluation.
- Participate in local and HQ team meetings.
- Submit weekly report to site manager.
- BS degree in a health related field/discipline is preferable
- Two or more years working with networks of hard-to-reach populations
- Previous experience maintaining confidentiality and assisting with situations that may require discretion.
- Prior experience working with HIV/AIDS
- Prior experience with qualitative research and focus groups is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and self-sufficiency.
- Communication skills in English and Hausa.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. Salary is contingent on grant funding.
Reporting: Will report to the Head of the Trust Clinic and the Principal Investigators of the IMPACT study.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume or Curriculum Vitale and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.