The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
Internal Audit Assistant
Internal Audit and Compliance
Internal Audit/System Strengthening Unit
Central Office, Abuja
Opening Date: 3/3/2022
Closing Date: 17/3/2022
- Carry out quarterly review of Sub-recipients and follow up on audit issues from the previous quarters.
- Submit quarterly reports on the quarterly audit review, to communicate our findings and recommendations to the partners including Sub-recipients (SRs) for their responses.
- Assist in carrying out physical verification of company’s assets on a bi annual basis both at IHVN offices and sites and document your findings
- Assist in carrying out departmental review of Head office operations (Administrative, Finance, Procurement, Human Resource, Training, Grants and Information Technology (IT) departments) to ensure adherence to standards/policies guiding their operations.
- Assist in Regional and State offices review with emphasis on system and operating environment.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the unit head from time to time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word
- Advanced user of Excel
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Excellent audit report writing skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Sc./HND in Accounting, Banking, and Finance, Economics
- Relevant working experience in a recognized NGO or External audit firm.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.