The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
IHVN, funded by The Global Fund (GF), will implement the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant. This combined TB & HIV effort is crucial for transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the guidance of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project aims to increase the identification of all forms of TB in the private sector and community. It also ensures prompt access to high-quality, patient-centered prevention and treatment through a nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The TB component of the grant will focus on 36 states and the FCT for TB case finding, prevention, treatment, diagnosis, and community TB/HIV and PMTCTTo further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Program Coordinator TB/HIV-North
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|HIV Lead, Program Management Team, Project Director
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
S/He will, under the supervision of the TB Lead, coordinate the Implementation of TB strategies in the North and provide direct oversight of the program management teams, the regional teams, and the Sub-recipients in collaboration with other project management team members. They will facilitate the development of strategic and operational plans and ensure activity implementation and performance evaluation. They will provide technical support to partner networks to achieve the expected project outcomes by driving the productive Implementation of the project’s activities, monitoring and evaluation, quality control, and reporting. They will work closely with the NTBLCP/NASCP to ensure the Implementation of all TB/HIV strategies in the States and provide technical guidance for program implementation according to the National Guidelines and policies.
Description and Objectives:
Under the supervision of the TB Lead, the Program Coordinator North will support the Implementation of the project’s TB/HIV activities across IHVN Kano, Jos, and FCT regions.
- The Program Coordinator North is responsible for program coordination in the 19 states of Northern Nigeria.
- Ensuring all TB/HIV CPPM activities in the country’s Northern states are implemented in line with grant objectives.
- Serve as the technical lead for the Northern region to strengthen and improve the quality of TB & HIV prevention, diagnosis, treatment, Infection prevention, and control services.
- Provide direct oversight of the regional teams and the Sub-recipients in collaboration with other members of the Program Management Team.
- Facilitate the development of strategic and operational plans and ensure activity implementation and performance evaluation.
- Provide technical support to partner networks to achieve the expected project outcomes by driving the productive Implementation of project activities, monitoring and evaluation, quality control, and reporting.
- Liaise with the other Project management team members and lead the effort to identify the quality of care and capacity gaps.
- Develop and adapt TB and HIV training materials, facilitate planning, and conduct training sessions for the program management, regional, Sub-recipient, partners, healthcare providers, and community teams.
- Work with the task force groups and expert committees to identify policy, technical, and programmatic gaps in TB & HIV diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office – (Word, Spreadsheet, and PowerPoint), other applicable software, and video conferencing are required.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data and prepare quality program reports.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess MB; BS, MBCHB, or a bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Master’s level/Postgraduate qualification in Public Health, Epidemiology or a relevant field is an added advantage.
- A Postgraduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Infectious diseases.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and have evidence of current practising license.
- S/He must have at least five years’ experience in program management of TB/HIV.
- Must be familiar with the national guidelines for the management of TB/DRTB and TB/HIV collaborative activities.
- Knowledgeable on national key TB and HIV indicators.
- Must have at least five years’ experience with TB and HIV program planning, assessment, and Implementation of HIV programs.
- Experience in TB and/or HIV-related operational research is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in TB and HIV clinical care and service delivery.
- Willingness to travel to the States within Nigeria.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].