The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
As a Principal Recipient of the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant for TB (PPM), IHVN is leading TB service expansion in the private sector in Nigeria, working with hospitals and community-based entities in 21 States, in addition to providing technical support to the National TB and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) on TB diagnostic infrastructure in Nigeria.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in TB care and treatment in the private sector, IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
|Program Officer, TB
|Global Fund NFM 3 TB PPM grant
|Duration of Project:
|January 2021 – December 2023
|Central Office Abuja
Opening Date: 25th April 2023
Closing Date: 8th May 2023
- Support the program manager and senior program officer in achieving key deliverables of the grant.
- Collect, collate, and review routine program reports from SRs and 27 DRTB treatment facilities in 26 states and provides feedback.
- Quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in all IHVN-supported facilities receive high-quality comprehensive TB/HIV /AIDS care and treatment in line with WHO and National Guidelines across implementing states.
- Provision of on-site clinical mentoring and technical assistance to the technical staff of DR-TB sites in the country and ensuring that these facilities operate optimally.
- Monitor the implementation of TB specimen referrals by SRs and collect monthly reports from the states.
- Monitor the implementation of Nigeria EQUAL TB activities and render administrative and technical support to participating facilities.
- Participation in regional/National TB PPM meetings and other initiatives as assigned by the program manager.
- To work with Sub-partner, government agencies, donor representatives, facility/site staff, focal persons, and IHVN staff to effectively manage programmatic challenges.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in data analysis, and good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Ability to evaluate data and prepare quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations.
- Being goal oriented with the ability to plan and organize, make decisions, manage time, and practice critical thinking.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
Education and Experience
- A University degree in Medicine. An MPH or additional master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on TBHIV, care and treatment.
- She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR or GF-funded care and treatment programs. Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of TB and TB/HIV program and private sector engagement is desirable.
- Must be familiar with the broad range of TB and TBHIV issues, understanding of the major issues affecting TBHIV with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of TBHIV programs in Nigeria.
Mode of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.