The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Senior Program Officer, Monitoring And Evaluation
|FCT, Lagos, Jos (Three positions)
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|Program Manager SI
|HIV Lead, TB Lead, Program Management Team, Project Director
Opening Date:1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the (SPO SI) will ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels. Promote health system strengthening activities.
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the Program Manager SI, the SPO will provide strategic leadership in the design, development, and implementation of the M&E framework within the state or region of implementation.
- Ensure that data collection and reporting flow are strictly adhered to
- Troubleshoot data flow choke points and resolve the same in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper management of PMM data
- Distribution of Data Collection Tools to thematic areas
- Liaise with different thematic units to resolve data quality issues and take necessary corrective actions
- Participate in periodic external data quality assessments
- Ensure strict adherence to M&E SOPs.
- Supervise the daily activities of Data entry clerks & documentation clerks at the site.
- Ensure timely, complete and consistent reports come in from sites
- Ensure the utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement at all supported sites
- Monitor the stock balance of DCTs at sites and ensure availability at all times; submission of DCT utilization reports.
- Participate in data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Participate in health system-strengthening activities
- Assist in generating regular gap analysis to show site progress towards achieving set targets.
- Provide regular on-site supervision and mentoring on monitoring and evaluation processes and tools.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at IHVN-supported sites
- Participate in all HMIS processes in the state
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head of unit, Strategic Information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present findings to diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to analyze trends, identify patterns, and make data-driven recommendations.
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, pharmacy, natural and social sciences, statistics, or epidemiology. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation roles.
- Experience in roles with progressively increasing responsibilities, demonstrating a track record of success and growth in the field.
- Direct experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects or programs, focusing on measurable outcomes and impact.
- Proven experience in data analysis, interpretation, and reporting. Familiarity with statistical tools and software is often required.
- Experience in managing or leading a team, providing guidance and mentorship and ensuring the effective coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Understanding of project management principles, with the ability to coordinate M&E activities within project timelines.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].