The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
Software Developer Officer
Opening Date: 3rd February 2022
Closing Date: 17th February 2022
Software Developer Officer will oversee designing, testing, and implementing new and updated software programs. Their duties include optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures.
In this role, your duties will include reporting to our unit head, collaborating with colleagues, and performing successful technical support.
Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other computer specialists to create optimum software.
- Recommend software upgrades for existing programs and systems.
- Analyze users’ needs, design, test, and develop software to meet those needs.
- Document every aspect of the application or system as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Ensure that the software continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing.
- Design each piece of the application or system.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
Software Developer Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology, information systems, computer engineering, or similar.
- Database experience.
- Ability to manage code migration, document configuration changes, and monitor performance.
- Exceptional ability to provide front-end support to internal departments and web-based clients.
- Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
- Knowledge of Advanced Encryption Standards (AES).
- Ability to keep up with innovation in application design.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Knowledge in Sage 300 and its third party products will be a plus.
- Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resourcesthrough this email address: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.