The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Resilient HIV Implementation Science with Sexual & Gender Minority Youths using Evidence (RISE) study to evaluate the effectiveness and implementation of the HealthMpowerment (HMP) mobile health application is a new 5-year NIH- funded multi-country projected from UMB in collaboration with 5 clinical research performance sites (CRPS) across four countries in sub-Saharan Africa – Nigeria, Kenya, Malawi, and Zambia. UMB has a subcontract with IHVN being one of the two sites in Nigeria.
IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Study and Data Coordinator – Digital Health for Key Populations in HIV Care and Prevention
Opening Date: 09/01/2024
Closing Date: 22/01/2024
IHVN is seeking a dedicated and passionate Study and Data Coordinator to join our team and play a crucial role in a groundbreaking project focused on improving HIV care and prevention among key populations through digital health interventions. The successful candidate will work closely with healthcare providers and key population civil society organizations to ensure the smooth execution of the project, as well as actively engage key population community members in the process.
- Lead the day-to-day coordination and management of the digital health project for key populations.
- Collaborate with the research team to develop and refine project objectives, timelines and deliverables.
- Ensure that project activities are executed in compliance with ethical guidelines and regulations.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key population groups.
- Conduct outreaches and community mobilization efforts to ensure active participation in the project.
- Act as a liaison between the project team and key population communities to address concerns and facilitate communication.
- Oversee the deployment of digital health interventions, including mobile apps and other technology-based solutions.
- Support Data Officers in training healthcare staff and key population participants on the use of digital tools, monitor participant use of the digital health app, and ensure their ongoing engagement.
- Work with the digital health app development team to develop and update app content, as well as troubleshooting issues.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of digital health interventions in improving HIV care and prevention.
- Collaborate with data analysts to collect, manage, and analyze project data.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data collected from key population participants.
- Work with data officers and data management staff to ensure that data submission, quality control (QC), error correction, data processing and entry are functioning smoothly.
- Identify and follow up on delinquent data and serves as back-up to the data manager.
- Responsible for system/account maintenance for site staff to access the REDCap web portal and other data management applications. The CRS Coordinator will work with the CRC.
- Conduct data quality assurance activities for the study sites:
- Prepare regular progress reports and contribute to research publications.
- Implement quality assurance measures to ensure that project activities meet established standards.
- Conduct regular assessments and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with healthcare providers, researchers and community organizations to align project activities with broader healthcare initiatives.
- Participate in team meetings and provide input on project strategies and goals.
Experience, skills and competencies
- Previous experience in coordinating research or healthcare projects, particularly in the field of HIV prevention or key population engagement.
- Strong understanding of digital health technologies and their application in healthcare settings.
- Experience with Microsoft, Excel, Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL, electronic medical record systems, and REDCap.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with diverse communities.
- Knowledge of ethical considerations related to working with key populations and vulnerable communities.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Sensitivity to cultural and social issues impacting key populations in HIV care and prevention.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences, or a related field
- Registered with the health professional council or general nursing council of Nigeria.
- Psychosocial counselling
- Human subject protection and good clinical practice training
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
- Application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae in Microsoft Word format should be forwarded to the Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address:[email protected]
- This advert closes 14 days from the date of this publication, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.