The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Finance Assistant (Global Funds) will assist in management of Accounts payable and receivable functions such as Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, journal vouchers, Bank Reconciliation statements, and entering financial records in the organization’s accounting software under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, he/she will provide direct support to the Global Fund team and operations on the general management of the Global Funds grant
|All interested candidates
OPENING DATE: 23rd Sept 2021
CLOSINGDATE: 8th October 2021
- Possession of a B.Sc in Accountancy or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy; professional Accounting qualification will be considered a plus. Minimum of 3 years post qualification hands-on experiecne in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants should be Abile to work independently with minimal supervision and under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP.
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication.
- Ability to relate with subordinates, colleagues and superiors.
- Innovative with sound mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in the organization’s accounting software.
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash books.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners.
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s).
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centres & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis.
- Remittance of WHT on monthly basis.
Method of Application
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer