The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
|Program Officer, Biotech Engineer
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|Head Biotech Unit
Opening Date: 8th October, 2021.
Closing Date: 15th October, 2021.
He or She will serve as the Biotech Engineer across supported laboratories for equipment installation, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory ancillary equipment. Serve as Technical Advisor to National Laboratory Equipment Calibration Centre (NaLECC) to support calibration of equipment; volume, mass, temperature, speed etc. Mentor NaLECC to achieve ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Carrying out Installation, maintenance, and calibration of ancillary laboratory equipment (microscope, autoclave, incubator, freezer, refrigerator etc.)
- Liaising with sites for information about equipment status
- Training of laboratory staff on the use and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Generating Technical report
- Submitting report of all ACHIEVE activity to the Head of Biotech unit
- Supporting NaLECC technically towards accreditation.
- Must be a graduate BSC, BTech or HND in Electric electronics, Physics electronics or any related field.
- Must have minimum of 3years experience on laboratory equipment installation, maintenance, and calibration.
- Must have metrology certification
- Must be familiar with ISO 17025
- Must know how to calculate uncertainty based on ISO 17025
- Proficiency in the use of data analytical software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the essential requirement for this position