The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
Job Title: Driver, Public-Private Mix, TB-LON 3 Project
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Regional Admin Officer
Opening Date: 02 December 2021
Closing Date: 16 December 2021
The Driver will provide secure and timely driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. S/He will be expected to travel extensively with Program staff for monitoring and technical support to sites, participation at trainings, meetings, outreaches and program review workshops.
- Provide reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials: Drives office vehicles for the transport of IHVN staffs, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Conduct maintenance of all assigned vehicles: Ensuring that vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Document all vehicle related information: Ensuring the availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle log books, fuel voucher booklet, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Regional Administrative Officer.
- Education: A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a Driver in a similar organization will be an added advantage.
- Fluency of the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Good knowledge of the South West and local roads
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with others
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures
- Ability to operate a vehicle and good driving skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.